Pair 1: Hunter's Brews

I visited Hunter's Brewing for the first time last weekend. It was a nice cozy spot to enjoy their delicious brews. Mr. K and I shared pairs of 4.5 oz pours so we could try them all, at least all that were there that day. Our first pair was a Cream Ale and an English Brown.

Khao Hom Mali
Cream Ale with Jasmine rice. | ABV: 5.5%
Look and Smell: This brew was a pale gold. It had a light head. I didn't smell much at all. It wasn't just because it was a crowded spot, it was a light brew.

Taste: It was bitter, yet smooth. The rice added some sweetness and a slight creaminess. It was a very light brew. It was along the lines of a pils, but it was an ale. I probably wouldn't order it again, but I could see it being a top seller. It's just not my style, but it wasn't bad.


Mild Child
English Brown Ale. | ABV: 5.9%
Look and Smell: This dark brew smelled very roasted.

Taste: It had a stronger roast than expected for a standard English Brown. The aftertaste was a bitter roast rather than a sweet malt. It was quite tasty. Much more than a Newcastle, but just as drinkable. I'd have no problem sitting through a few pints of this brown.

Comments

Popular Posts