Moylander Double IPA (Moylan's)

I've had this IPA in my fridge for a bit. It was nice and chilled for this 3rd Annual IPA Day. I've had good experiences with Moylan's for the most part, some exceptional too. This was different than expected.

General Thoughts
Look and Smell: This gold brew had a white froth for head. It smelled a little piney.

Taste: It tasted like pine and grapefruit. I wasn't expecting the fruitiness. I was thinking it would be earthy and piney, not sure why, but that's what I was after.

From the Moylan's site:
“If One is Good, Then Two is Better!” Our Moylander Double IPA is fat and resiny, with aggressive and excessive hops swinging on an enormous malt backbone like naughty monkeys on a vine. Double malt, double hops - do the math, it’s academic. This brew has twice the things you’re looking for, and it’s big enough to share with the one you love. And isn’t that what it's all about?

Comments

Popular Posts