Pinko (Flat 12 Bierworks)

It's been a while since I tried new Flat 12 beers. After my visits there in 2010-ish, I have had their pumpkin ale, an amber, and a porter. That's it! I really enjoyed visiting their tap room when they first opened. With local distribution since last fall, you'd think I'd drink more of their brews. Too little time.

The ones I had since were good standard-type offerings. Good for a party. This brew was definitely a step up from their standard fare.

General Thoughts
Look and Smell: This black brew had a tan ring for head. It smelled super boozy.

Taste: I tasted strong bourbon. 85% cacao bitterness. The wood flavors and bitter acids left it dry. It was a sipping brew. Strong flavors, yet quaffable.

From the Flat 12 site:
Brewed to age. Brewed for barrels. Hoppy, roasty and pure evil. In Soviet Russia, you don’t drink Imperial Stouts, Imperial Stouts drink you.

Comments

Popular Posts