Weizenhammer Weiss (Crown Brewing)

It had been a while since I visited Crown Brewing. Their food is standard bar fare (they are joined with a pizza joint). It was a nice summer day and we had visited the local county fair. It was a good time to stop in for a few drinks and see what new offerings they had. This hefeweizen seemed like a good, substantial summer brew.

General Thoughts
Look and Smell: This straw-colored brew was cloudy with wheaty-goodness. It had a white ring of bubbles for head. I smelled lemon and wheat.

Taste: It was lemony and refreshing. I got the wheat heartiness at the end. It wasn't something I'd go out of my way for, but it was a respectable wheat. It was right there with Boulevard Unfiltered Wheat.

From the menu:
Our warm weather favorite! A German-style Hefeweizen. Over fifty percent wheat malt and a special strain of yeast gives this cloudy, thirst-quenching ale a distinct banana/fruity aroma and flavor.

Comments

Popular Posts