25 Drinks: Wine + Stout = Holiday Cheer

Day 3 was no surprise. I'd put this stout in the box and couldn't possibly forget it. It's Hunter's Cassidy Stout aged in a Girard Petite Sirah barrel. I waited in anticipation, but didn't have to wait long at all! I wish I put two in there.

This stout is a duplicitous brew, but not in a bad way. It has all the characteristics of the dark, plumy, rich, oaked wine that it followed after, but all the dark chocolate and creaminess of the malted grain. This isn't a boozer, but it's a warmer in other ways. The complex flavors make you sip it. The slight spice perks you up, while the creaminess soothes you. This bottle has been in the cellar for about a year now. I feel like that made it a bit more jammy. It was like a chocolate dark fruity dessert. Nothing could stand up to it, so it's better to enjoy it on its own. Though, this isn't distributed and will never be released again. At least not this iteration. So, I drank it up, enjoyed every sip, and will have to live off of my memories...and notes. So will you. Happy Holidays, I'm officially in the spirit!

full notes about this special brew

Comments

Popular Posts