Belgian-Style Spiced Ale (Flossmoor Station)

I have no idea what this brew was called. It was their 2010 barrel-aged Belgian-style spiced ale. It is potentially called Grandma's Sleigh Ride (thank you Google).

They don't list this beer on their website, and I didn't take down notes on their description of it.

General Thoughts
Look and Smell: ZWACK was all I could smell. I love Zwack. That is what I toasted the 2011 New Year with. It is an liquor made with 40 different herbs. This beer had that herbal smell, and a really strong similarity that I couldn't put my finger on. Was it anise? It had a bit of head that dissipated quickly, leaving some nice light lacing.

Taste: It didn't taste like Zwack. It was that cherry/medicinal flavor you get from brandy barrels (not that I know if that's the type of barrel they used). It was very carbonated. The aftertaste of cherries linger for a while. Doesn't compare to the other holiday beers. It is mostly aligned with the BA Alpha Klaus because of the cherries. Definitely beats the Géants Christmas beer. 

Comments

Popular Posts