Géants Noël des Géants (Brasserie des Géants)

I purchase this holiday beer from World Market to round off my holiday beer run. Belgian brews seem to be the top in the holiday beers for me. I couldn't pass this one up.

From the Shelton Brothers site (the distributor):
"The Brasserie des Géants, or Giant Brewery, is housed in a medieval castle in the town of Irchonwelz, in the French-speaking south of Belgium.The Géants Christmas beer came out in 2007, and it’s their best one yet. Rich and warming, and just a bit spicy (thanks to the delicate addition of a special aromatic herb from the region of the brewery), this festive ale has everything you want in a Belgian beer – but not the cheap sugary flavor that the more commercial breweries use to reel in a less sophisticated crowd."

General Thoughts
Look and Smell: Brown with a white head that dissipated quickly. Yeasty smell.

Taste: Malty taste. Malt aftertaste. Not too complex or spicy. I prefer the Goulden Carolus Noel or the N'ice Chouffe. It was good, but I'm not impressed. Not a favorite.

Comments

Popular Posts