A Late Stout Day Post

Okay, I'm giving in and celebrating stout day. I had the delicious Black Sun, my own stout concoction from last Oct (first one I formulated), and now a delectable Left Hand Imperial Stout. The milk stout is notable, the Wake Up Dead (Oaked) could keep me up at night, this one is definitely worth drinking.

This is the last of this six-pack o' goodness, and I realized that I didn't have notes written up about it. I guess I lazed through the other five knowing that I had another to note up.

Brewed 08/28/09

General Thoughts
Look and Smell: This dark brown stout develops a slight white head when I poured it. Little bubble clusters cling to the glass.

Taste: Rich and roasty/bitter. Creamy after all this time, it coats my tongue. The aftertaste is full roast, like a great coffee. Can't find ABV on bottle or site, but I doubt ratebeer and BA's 10.4% on this. Can't taste the booze.

From the bottle: "A Black Beer to Brighten Your Day"

Comments

Popular Posts