Bashful (Hunter's Brewing)

I had this mild on my last visit to Hunter's Brewing in Chesterton, Indiana. I really enjoy their selection; I'm trying to get there as often as I can. This visit was after a write up in a local magazine. It was bringing the people in. They had a hot dog vendor outside offering quite an assortment of dogs (greek, pizza, and fully-loaded Chicago dogs). I there were over 12 types. I caved and got a Chicago dog to split with Mr. K. The vendor even cut it and wrapped it separately! It was a nice treat.

Hunter's makes a wonderful English Brown. That's a brew that fits all tastes. Bashful is a mild that uses mostly the same ingredients sans chocolate/dark malts. It was delicious.

General Thoughts
Look and Smell: This brown brew had a frothy, yet dense head that settled to a white layer. It smelled bready.

Taste: This was a substantial brew. It was bready with a slight roasted malt aftertaste. Quite good. I could drink it all day.

Comments

Popular Posts