Ailbe (Hunter's Brewing)

As of last week, this Irish Blonde was still on tap at my new favorite, local brewery Hunter's. I'm starting to slow down a bit notewise; I've had most of what are becoming standard offerings. Though every time I stop in they still have one or two new brews. Six months in business, and they've already had around 35 different recipes (27 of which I have notes for with six in queue). It's hard to keep up, but I like to keep the notes, so I'm in a constant state of catch up. These notes are mostly for me and the locals, since these brews are not available outside of the taproom (yet). But even if you don't have access to these wonderfully-crafted brews, it may give you some ideas for your next brew!

This brew is a standard for it's style. It's light and balanced. On nitro it would be like the more widely-available Wexford.

General Thoughts
Look and Smell: This light-gold brew had a white froth for head. It smelled sweet.

Taste: It was richer than expected, but still refreshingly light. It was balanced with a slight bitterness, so you knew it was beer. It was sweeter than it was bitter. This one would have a large appeal to those who like everything and those who go for something a little more light.

Comments

Popular Posts