Espresso Oak Aged Yeti (Great Divide)

The Beer Geeks Facebook posts are deadly. I saw this being tapped and had to go.

I've had the standard Yeti, which was my first. I've had the Oak Aged Yeti, which was good. I've had the Chocolate Oak Aged Yeti, which was quite tasty. But this Espresso Oak Aged Yeti really brought in all the flavors I love.

General Thoughts
Look and Smell: I could smell the roast off of this black brew through my recovering sinuses. It was as strong as a proper espresso. It had a think caramel-colored head.

Taste: Espresso, good espresso. A little acid and a strong bitter roast. I'll say no more.

From the Great Divide site:
Espresso Oak Aged Yeti is a new addition to the Yeti clan. A generous infusion of espresso adds yet another layer of complexity to this beer, combining with the vanilla oak character, intense roasty maltiness and bold hop profile to create a whole new breed of mythical creature. It’s official: You can now have Yeti with breakfast.

Comments

Popular Posts