Loch Down (Arcadia Ales)

I was near the airport and stopped at The Park at Rosemont. It's amazing how much has opened up in that area in the past year. They had outdoor ice skating, bowling, a comedy club, and a number of restaurants. I ended up at Park Tavern, a restaurant-pub with a decent tap list. I tried this Scotch Ale. This was months ago, and I'm writing about it now. It was not incredibly impressive, but I need to write it down for future reference.

General Thoughts
Look and Smell: This dark red brew had a thin tan head. It smelled like biscuity malt.

Taste: It was slightly boozy. I tasted the sweet malt and sugariness. I didn't get the toastiness I was expecting. It was drinkable, just not my favorite Scotch Ale. I'm pretty particular with this type of brew though. Robert the BruceKilt Lifter, and Cup o' Kyndnes are at the top of the list for me.

From the Arcadia site:
Our tribute to the Scottish Highlands, this beer offers a gorgeous garnet color joined by the aroma of ripe plums and freshly-baked biscuits. The rich, full-bodied texture reveals notes of roasted chestnuts and caramel in a smooth single-malt style of brew. Balanced with just the right amount of hop character, this beer delights with crisp alcohol finish.

Comments

Popular Posts